Sunday, October 17, 2010

2080

            Its 2080, the days beginning just like every other one. My IRoom wakes me up at 7:00 to get ready for school. I open my eyes and grumble; grabbing my IPad I pick out the clothes I’m going to wear for the day. I walk over to my closet, the doors open and there are my clothes I picked out waiting for me. I then tell my room to play a song while I get dressed.  After listening to music and getting dressed, I leave my room and travel into the bathroom. I brush my teeth, and straighten my hair simply by applying straitening gel. Gone are the days when it takes twenty minutes to straighten my hair. I wash off my face an apply any makeup I feel like wearing. When I’m all ready for school I travel back to my room where the door scans my face acknowledging that it’s me, it lets me in. I then walk over to the small elevator and travel down to the kitchen. I then grab the IPad hooked up to the kitchen and enter in what I want for breakfast. While I wait I pack my bag for school and basketball. When my foods ready I walk over and pick it up and eat. When I’m done I grab my bags and head to the garage. I then jump in my hover car and drive to school.

 At school I walk in and take out my school IPad, checking my schedule, and locating which class I have first. I then walk over to the door that corresponds with the letter my class has next to it. Most mornings I have Future Technologies studies first which is letter C. Walking over to door C I enter and I am beamed instantly to my class. I enter into my class where the other fourteen kids are beginning to gather. At Provincetown High School fifteen kids per class is a normal size. Back in 2013, Provincetown closed its high school and obtained only an elementary school, but in 2050 Provincetown, Truro, and Wellfleet broke off from the rest of Cape Cod and became their own island. Being an island Provincetown reopened our high school. Being an island our numbers remained small but manageable.  After Technology I travel to Advanced Math, and then English. After English I have science followed by lunch. At lunch everybody submits there lunch order through their IPad from a list of five choices. After eating we finish the day with the last two classes of the day.

 After school, I have either a soccer game or practice. Today I have a game at Mashpee. The whole team and I pile into the hover bus and begin are journey there. When Provincetown became an island, after a big hurricane, the issue of tourism came up. Over time Provincetoown, Truro, and Wellfleet had began to break off more and more but the hurricane finally completly separated them. While Provincetown is greatly supported by tourism now being an island made it a bit more difficult. That’s when the town decided to build a bridge. The bridge connects the island to the main shore. Upon reaching Mashpee we all change and play the soccer game. The game has remained the same; same rules, same calls, and same objective. Upon finishing the game we shower, change and head back to the hover bus. The hover bus begins to take us home. On our way home we stop in the Mashpee commons and get Chinese food. This Chinese food is a special treat only because our bus driver is PB. After eating we finish the journey back to Provincetown.

 Reaching home I jump in my hover car and head straight home. When I get home I head for the elevator which scans my finger and takes me straight to my bedroom. I put on my PJ’s and head back downstairs to watch TV. I turn the TV on using my IPad and flick through the channels trying to find something entertaining to watch. After an hour or so of TV, I head back to my room where I lay in my bed and begin my homework. I type up my English paper, finish the math worksheet, and study history all on my IPad. While doing my math worksheet, I get stuck on a math problem I simply ask my room.  Following the completion of my homework I pull out my cell phone where I check my Facebook and my email. Next, I play a few game while I text with my friends and then I tell my room to shut off my lights. This completes my day, ending in a good night sleep. The next morning my IRoom wakes me up again and the whole cycle begins again. My life is not complicated and very easy because of all the advances in technology and the great knowledge that is present in today’s society.

No comments:

Post a Comment