Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love Without Love/ The Taxi

1. The image that stands out most to me is "like the bird on its branch, land in my arms only to rest, and then fly off again." This image makes me think of comfort.

2. I think the speaker's choice of images says that his relationship is love but not clingy dependent love. Hence the title Love without Love.

3. I think the title Love Without Love is saying that he has found love but it is not a typical relationship you see. It is more then friends with benefits but not the solid, always together relationship. I think this is a comfortable relationship.

4. I think that for some people Love without Love works. A relationship that is full of need and being dependent on one another, I view as unhealthy. However you need to be able to be comfortable and have someone to love just not in a clingy or needy way. I think this poem reflects some of my views on Love.

1. I would like to ask the speaker in the Taxis if she is alright. She misses this guy so much that she hurts herself. Nobody should be that needy.

2. I think that the speaker thinks love is wonderful. However obviously she thinks they need to be together all the time and that love is being together.

3. I think that "The Taxis" is an alright title for the poem because it takes place in a city and sets the scene but I think that there may have been better titles.

5. The two speakers in "Love Without Love", and "The Taxis" have completly different views on love and realtionships. The speaker in Love Without Love has a relationship that is comfortable and there when he needs it. He has someone to love but dosn't have to depend on them to much. In The Taxis the speaker is obsessed, needy, and depends on the other person in the realtionship. Without the other person she is miserable.

6. I think the speaker in "Love Without Love" view appeals more to me. This realtionship feels comfortable, and familiar and not obsessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment