Monday, January 24, 2011

Those Winter Sundays Questions

1. Cold, Silence, Routine
  • Early Sunday Morning its the time recalled in this poem
  • The father goes out and heats the room and polishes the shoes
  • The child speaks indifferently to his father
3. The speaker is a child recalling Sunday mornings and how his father took care of them by warming the room and polishing the shoes. I think the speaker is questioning how he treated his father as a child, and what life was like.

4. Some lessons that could be learned from this poem are don't take things for granted or appreciate what you have.

5. In the Piano he is recalling a childhood memory that he misses and wishes he was still a child. In "Those WInter Sundays" he is recalling a memory he may not be particulary fond of and maybe not want to relive.

6. These poems make me hope that I will look back on my childhood and not regret anything but also not want to go back. I always want to live life by doing my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment